L'Addiction, S'Il Vous Plait...


Much has been tweeted already about Hawksmoor and their new, rather impressive, gaff in Covent Garden. Much will also be written about the new addition to the burger menu. As I came late to the previous Hawksmoor Burger love-in, I'm getting in as early as possible with this one. Will Beckett, one of the co-owners, has already likened the Kimchi Burger to crack. He's got a point.

As if their juicy burger wasn't already deliciously messy enough, the addition of a generous smear of very potent kimchi gives the satisfying crunch / contrast you get from a dill pickle but adds a sour, punchy hit that makes the whole thing, well, yes, as addictive as crack. My concern - other than spending rent money on a fix and making various excuses to loved ones - is that I'm now used to the heat so the next one won't give me quite such a chilli high. I need the next one hotter and the one after that hotter still. Mr Beckett: can I suggest several degrees of kimchi and a loyalty card as a record of what the next "hit" should be? What do you mean I sound like an addict? Not at all, I just do the odd kimchi burger every now and again. I can control it...

Comments

Popular Posts